Mr AJIT SHETTY
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon
Head of clinical service
Department of Trauma & Orthopaedics
Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
MB BS, D’ Ortho, M.S Ortho, F.R.C.S (Glasg.)
M.Ch (Orth.) (Liverpool )
F.R.C.S (Trauma and Orthopaedics)
– British Orthopaedic Association
– General Medical Council- Permanent Reg No. 4354284
– British Medical Association
– Medical Defence Union
COURSES / SYMPOSIA /CONFERENCES ATTENDED
– Computer Assisted surgery, Hamburg,Jul, 2006
– Intelligent Hip Course, Graz, May 2006.
– Advances in Hip Arthroplasty, Algarve, Jun 2006.
– British Hip Society Meeting , Wrightington, 3 & 4 Mar 2005.
– Train the trainer course , Manchester, 24 Nov 2004.
– Instructional Course in Total Hip Arthroplasty, Edinburgh 1-4 Sept 2004
– Exeter Hip Symposium, Hexham 10-11 May 2004.
– Clinical Mangement Course, Keele University, 23-25 Jun 2004
– Recent Advances in Knee replacement, Durham 10 Nov 2003
– Revision Knee Arthroplasty Course, Edinburgh 29-30 August 2003
– Uni-compartmental Knee Arthroplasty, Webcast, Darlington 19 Nov 2003
– Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Course, Birmingham 21 Nov 2002
– Edinburgh Knee Meeting 7- 8 June 2002
– International Knee Symposium, Athens, Greece, 10, 11 Nov 2000
– Intensive Basic Ilizarov Course at Middlesbrough General Hospital, May 2001
– Microsurgery Course, St.Marks Hospital, London, 3-7 Jul 2000
– Edinburgh International Trauma Symposium, 15-17 Aug 2001.
– Ilizarov Trauma Course, Middlesbrough, 17-19 April 2002
– A.O Basic Course, London, 4-7 July 1995.
Head of clinical service –Trauma & Orhopaedics, Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
From 3 Dec 2012 till date
Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust from 9 Nov 2011 – Dec 12
Associate clinical director –Trauma & Orthopaedics at
Mid-yorkshire Hospitals. from Mar 2007 – Mar 2008
Staff Appraisal course , Newcastle 28 Nov 2002
I have successfully completed the ATLS Instructor course in London July 14 –15 and instruct on these courses on a regular basis.
I am involved in teaching Leeds Medical school undergraduate students and have been conferred Honourary Senior lecturer , University of Leeds.
Final MB OSCE Examiner Leeds University 1 May 2012.
I have created a database for interesting X-Rays .
Attended Orthopaedic Trainer Development Day at Gateshead 21 October 1999.
I have instructed at the part A F.R.C.S Course at Middlesbrough General Hospital, Jan 1997, Middlesbrough 24-04-2003.
Instructed at the Inter-collegiate Basic Skills Course, James Cook University hospital,
|Professional Body||Subject||Dates : From||To|
|Panel of Examiners FRCS (Tr & Orth)||Inter-collegiate Board||Jul 2012||Till
|Panel of Examiners for MRCS||Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow||June 2010||Till
|Honorary Senior Lecturer||University of Leeds||1 Feb
OSCE Examiner ,
|University of Leeds||1 May
|OSCE Examiner training,||University of Leeds||27 Apr
|KSS recruitment training of panelists
|Kent,Sussex & Surrey Danery||Dec
|Panel of interviewers
Core surgical training
|Yorkshire & Humber Deanery||8 Feb
|FRCS (Tr & Orth.)
Mock Examinations – Examiner
|Harrogate District Hospital||Mar 2008|
|“Mock” MRCS Examinations
|Pinderfields General Hospital
|FRCS (Tr& Orth.) Practice VIVA’s||Pinderfields General Hospital
|Instructed on Part ‘A’ FRCS Course||Middlesbrough General Hospital
Sports : Table Tennis, Athletics and Music
Charity work- I have been supporting a charitable organization called World Vision for the last 10 years